The following expressions and terms used in this Policy mean:
1. Controller – a Provider’s representative authorized to contact the User on behalf of the Provider.
2. Service provider – Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Wybrzeze Wyspianskiego 27, 50-370 Wroclaw, NIP: 896-000-58-51, REGON: 000001614.
3. Personal data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
4. Password – a string of characters established to guarantee authorised access to services.
5. Identifier – a string of characters used to identify the User on the Platform.
6. Infrastructure, Infrastructure e-science.pl, Platform, Platform e-science.pl, e-science.pl – is a collection of ICT equipment and services made available to the Organization and Users.
7. Account – a username, password and profile setting up rights to use the Services, defined in the Infrastructure.
9. Regulations – regulations of the Platform e-science.pl.
10. Registration - the process of entering data on the Organisation and User into the Infrastructure.
11. GDPR – regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC.
12. SPIN-LAB – Specialized Polish Scientific Infrastructure for Research Laboratories POIG.02.03.00-02-027/13.
13. Service – the service supplied by the Provider on its Infrastructure within the SPIN-LAB project.
14. Unit – a unit conducting scientific or educational activity to which the provisions of the Act of 30 April 2010 on the Principles of Financing Science (Journal of Laws of 2010 No. 96, item 615, Article 2, letter 9) apply.
15. Team – a group of users representing different Units working on a common project plan.
16. User – every person carrying out scientific research, related to the Unit or a team using the Service.
17. Platform operator – Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Wroclaw Computer Networking Center, Wybrzeze Wyspianskiego 27, 50-370 Wroclaw.
1. The Controller of personal data, contained in the Platform, is Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Wybrzeze Wyspianskiego 27, 50-370 Wroclaw, NIP: 896-000-58-51, REGON: 000001614. The Controller is represented by the Rector and designated Vice-Rector. The Controller may be contacted by the form and information placed on pwr.edu.pl/kontakt.
2. The Controller designated a Data Protection Officer. The seat of the DPO is identical to the Controller's seat. You can contact the DPO by e-mail: IOD@pwr.edu.pl.
3. Personal data are processed in the manner described in the Regulations on the basis of the consent given by the User and in cases where the legal regulations authorize the Provider to process personal data on the basis of legal regulations or for the purpose of fulfilling a contract concluded between the parties.
4. The Provider provides that the personal data of each User collected in order to use the Platform in a manner consistent with the GDR and this Policy, which forms part of the Regulations of the e-science.pl Platform will be protected.
5. Personal data will be protected in accordance with the GÉANT Data Protection Code of Conduct.
1. During the registration in the Service the Provider may require the User to provide personal data:
1.1. Name and surname,
1.2. E-mail address,
1.3. User's Identifier (eduPersonPrincipalName).
2. Additionally, the Provider will collect data characterizing the way the User uses the Service:
2.1. User’s IP Address,
2.2. The type of browser the User is using,
2.3. Other information transmitted over HTTP.
1. All information collected about the User, including registration data, is used solely for administrative, operational, monitoring, reporting and security purposes. This information may be made available to the managers of the Infrastructure used by the User, only for the mentioned above purposes. The recipients of the data are the Platform operators and authorised bodies (within their statutory obligations).
2. By registering on Infrastructure e-science.pl, the User agrees to the collection, recording, storage, copying, anonymisation, pseudonymisation, sharing and deletion of User's personal data by the Provider to the extent necessary for the proper provision of the Platform's services, and the mentioned above purposes. Personal data will be processed indefinitely or until the withdrawal of consent to their processing.
3. Providing personal data is voluntary, but it is a necessary condition for registration and use of the Service.
4. The Provider reserves the right to verify the data provided during registration by the User but is not responsible for any consequences of providing false personal data by the User.
1. The User may verify the personal data processed by the Provider and the source of their acquisition in the service https://rejestracja.e-science.pl/.
2. The User has the right to demand from the Provider to complete, update, and delete personal data, through the profile edition form on the website https://rejestracja.e-science.pl/ or getting in touch with the Provider by email firstname.lastname@example.org – the Provider reserves the right to verify the identity of the person making such a request.
3. The User's personal data is stored from the moment of an account is created up to a maximum of 90 days from the moment the account is deleted, unless other regulations impose an obligation on the Provider to store it longer.
4. The user may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority about the data processing if it is incompatible with GDPR.
2. Cookies are used to identify the logged-in Platform user on the basis of the active session. The content of the cookies does not allow the user to be identified outside the Platform.
3. Cookies are stored in order to:
3.1. Adjust the settings of the Platform to the needs of the User.
3.2. Verify of the user's session after logging in, so that the user does not have to go through the login process every time he tries to use the service in a certain period of time.
3.3. Create statistics on the use of individual subpages of the website.
3.4. Identify the way of moving around the website.
1. This document is an integral part of the Regulations of the Platform e-science.pl and cannot be interpreted separately.
2. The Provider reserves the right to amend the Regulations at any time, without giving any reason and by informing the User (at least one week in advance) using the contact details (e-mail address) provided to the Provider.
3. The provisions of the Policy shall come into force within the period indicated by the Provider, not shorter than 14 days from the date of making them available on the Platform's websites (e-science.pl).